Tuesday 1 September 2015

Sizzix - Birthday banners for boys

At the Country View Challenge the challenge theme of September is: Numbers

Since I always like to create something useful I decided to make birthday banners for my nephews who will celebrate their birthday in November. Zsiga will be 7 on 5  November and Matyi will be 4 on 11 November hence I put their birth years and ages to the banners.















I used the Sizzix new Bigz L Banner to make these birthday decorations.






I cut out two shapes from blue cardstocks and four from green cardstocks.


Then, I cut out 0,5 cm with scissors from each sides of the green banners.







With a Sizzix - Stampin' Up embossing folder I embossed the green banners. I had to make it in two steps because the embossing folder was smaller than the banner.











I coloured every edges of my cutouts using a Ranger Distress Ink Pad (Frayed Burlap) and a piece of sponge.







I glued the green parts to the blue banners.







I cut out a star and an owl using Sizzix Framelits Die, Stars and Sizzix Bigz Die, Owl by Dena Designs.








I cut the numbers and the letters with Sizzix Sizzlits Die, Boardwalk by Tim Holtz.


I made two holes of each banners with We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Big Bite.







Then I put eyelets to the holes.



















Here you may see the stripes better:










What I used:










Sizzix for Stampin' Up Embossing Folder, Stripes

cord

cardstocks

glue




With these banners I like to enter to the Monday challenge of Simon Says Stamp blog: Trio of colors





6 comments:

  1. Lovely banners Monika and how wonderful you have made them for your nephews' birthdays. I am sure they will be thrilled with them. Great job. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pair of banners, Monika - I'm sure your nephews will love them
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look wonderful and I'm sure nephews will love them. Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous Monika, your nephews will love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely banners Monica and I'm sure your nephews will treasure them for a long time to come... Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!