Friday 1 December 2017

Red and green card with rusty deer

Hello Everybody, for the December challenge of the Country View Challenges blog, I created a Christmas greeting card with rusty deer and Holiday Knit background by Tim Holtz. 




For this card, I have found the inspiration in the picture of the die. In the picture that was attached to the die you can see this:





And here is my tutorial:

I cut out a rectangle (5,4x3,7 in) with a Sizzix Framelits Die, Rectangle (658610) from white cardstock.

Then I cut out four stitched flags with MFT die. This die had the perfect size to cover my white rectangle. 






After I placed the Holiday Knit die in the middle of the flag stripe and cut out the pattern.







Then I adhered them to the white cardstock one after another.

I inked the edges of the card.

The deer was cut out from chipboard, painted brown, then I put a thick layer of rusty paste on the surface. 

For the text, I used Vintage Photo embossing powder which looks like rust after heating.










I hope you like it!

If you have any Christmas project, please don't hesitate to join our December challenge where you can win a £20 voucher!




P.S. This is a massage for Daria who asked me about the rusty paste I used. I'm sorry for the late answering but the cause of this was the Christmas. And otherwise, I'm not really sure that my aswer will be helpful because the rusty paste I used was a German one. The name is: Heike Schafer Rost Effekt and I added some extra cinnamon to this paste. I bought it in a Craft Market - Creative Expo in Luxembourg :-)


10 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Monika! You've managed to include all the colours in a beautiful make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Monika how patient you are with your piecing. This is stunning and the rusted deer sets off the background perfectly. Merry Christmas, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Love how you did the stripes... Merry Christmas !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Monika, I love your rusty dear and how you've made your background. Have a very happy Christmas, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Monika! I love the rusted deer!...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing background, dear Monika!! The rusted deer looks fabulous too.
    Have a wonderful christmas time! xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty in a rustic way, Monika! Love that sweater background--how clever to use that die to get the stitching! And of course, your deer is AMAZING! Love that rust! Hugs and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! The die cut background is amazing and I love your elegant rusty deer too - perfect 😁. Happy December! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for explaining how you made your beautiful background. I love the rusty deer. What kind of paste do you use for that? TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Daria! Thank you for your lovely comment! And the answer for your question is in the P.S. section in the end of this blogpost!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!